Manchester City’s on-field success saw the club’s revenues swell to £535 million ($692 million) last season as the Premier League champions posted a profit for the fifth straight year.
A 20 percent surge in broadcast revenue saw City’s income rise from £500.5 million in the 2017/18 season.
Pep Guardiola’s men completed an unprecedented quadruple of England’s domestic trophies by winning the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Community
- A Magistrates’ Court sitting in Zuba, Abuja on Tuesday admitted two discs from a CCTV footage and Certificate of Compliance as evidence in the trial of Sen. Elisha Abbo.
The police charged Abbo on July 8 for criminal force and assault which is contrary to section 263 and 264 of penal code law.
Magistrate Abdullahi Illelah held that the documents tendered were relevant and admissible in evidence.
”It is left to the court to determine if a particular document or exhibit tendered befor
- Chinelo Obogo, Lagos
Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc (NAHCO Aviance) has posted a gross revenue of N7.38 billion for the nine-month period which ended September 30, and has announced Profit After Tax increase of 30 percent compared to the same period in 2018.
The company’s performance released to the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) showed that the organisation was already reaping from the gains of its transformation programme which commenced at the inception of the present manage
- The Department of State Services (DSS) on Tuesday insisted that Omoyele Sowore, the convener of the planned RevolutionNow protest would only be released upon proper documentation of persons willing to bail him.
Dr Peter Afunanya, the Public Relations Officer of the Service disclosed this at a media conference in Abuja.
He said the service was prepared to release Sowore in line with the bail granted him by the court but waiting for persons to take his delivery through proper documentation.
- Simeon Nwaka
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that his government belongs to all Rivers people, saying that it not a Government for any particular group in the state.
Speaking during a Courtesy Visit by Amayanabo of Wakrike Kingdom, Okrika, and Prominent Chiefs of Okrika on Tuesday, Governor Wike said that the primary goal of his Administration is to promote the interest of Rivers State.
He said: “This Government is not a Government of you are
- By Emma Una
Vandals who are stealing and illegally refining petroleum products in the creeks are bent on destroying the nation’s economy in spite of continued arrests of perpetrators and impounding of such products.
Commodore Vincent Okeke, Commander Nigerian Navy Ship, NNS, Victory who stated this in Calabar while parading thirteen suspects arrested with five hundred drums of diesel stolen from oil pipelines in the creeks said in the past one year, over one hundred suspects have been arr
‘I always told him he has everything to lead this attack,’ former Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo praises Victor Osimhen<p class="">Odion Ighalo is not surprised at how good Osimhen, the player who replaced him in the Super Eagles, has been. </p><h1>Former Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo has revealed that he always knew of the qualities of Victor Osimhen, the player who replaced him when he retired from international football. </h1><p class="">Since Ighalo walked away from the Super Eagles after the <strong>2019 Africa Cup of Nations</strong> (AFCO
- Access the Stars judges.
If you’re like us, you’ve probably seen hundreds of music talent hunt auditions and have learnt a couple of do’s and don’ts, over the years.
The much-awaited music talent hunt, ‘Access the Stars’ is about to kick off with its first audition in Abeokuta on November 19th, 20th and 21st, 2019.
Because we’re kind and we want you to wow the judges at the auditions, here are five things you can do to impress the judges and
- The publisher of Delta Trumpet and son of Nigerian first Finance Minister, Chief Festus Okotie-Eboh, Mr Emma Okotie-Eboh has stated that the drastic economic and financial measures being put in place by President Muhammadu Buhari for the survival of the country has revealed to the world that the president means well for the country.
Continue reading President Buhari means well for Nigeria – Okotie-Eboh at Vanguard News.
- The prosecutor, Sergeant Mary Ajiteru, told the court that the defendant conspired with others who are at large and broke into a Redeemed Christian Church of God at Arihudom Street, Owode-Ajegunle, Ikorodu Road, Lagos State.
Continue reading Man docked over alleged theft of Church musical instruments at Vanguard News.
- A former Director-General of the National Sports Commission, Gbenga Elegbeleye, has called for a thorough examination of football administration in Nigeria as a response to the national teams’ dwindling fortunes.
Elegbeleye told News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday.
“Age-grade and women’s football have always been our strength and we particularly do well in those tournaments. But here we are not booking qualification for international age-grade and women’s competition,
- By Vincent Ujumadu – Awka
The Rector of the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State, Dr. Francisca Nwafulugo has attributed the increasing sudden death in Nigeria to lack of awareness on health issues, advising that people should take their health care very seriously.
Speaking at the health sensitization campaign mounted by the medical unit of the institution for staff and students, Nwafulugo regretted that the institution recently buried some staff and students, who were on active servic
- An FCT High Court Maitama on Tuesday ordered the prosecution to pay N100, 000 for stalling trial of the Sen. Dino Malaye in alleged falsehood filed against him.
Continue reading Alleged falsehood : Court slams N100, 000 against prosecution for stalling Melaye ‘s trial at Vanguard News.
- Former Super Eagles captain Joseph Yobo has advised Henry Onyekuru to leave French Ligue 1 club, Monaco for regular football elsewhere, reports Completesports.com. Onyekuru linked up with Monaco from English Premier League outfit, Everton this summer but has struggled to earn regular berth at the club. The 22-year-old has made just four league appearances for […]
The post Yobo: Onyekuru Should Leave Monaco To Play Regular Football Elsewhere appeared first on Complete Sports.
- <p class="">The suspected political thugs poured petrol on Abuh's home before setting the place on fire.</p><h2>Acheju Abuh, the Women Leader of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Wada/Aro Campaign Council, has been set ablaze in her residence.</h2><p class="">Following the elections held in the state on Saturday, November 16, 2019, some suspected political thugs stormed Abuh's residence at Ochadamu in Ofu local government area of Kogi on Monday
- A businessman, Azeez Ogunsola, has prayed a Customary Court in Ile-Tuntun, Ibadan to dissolve his 20-year-old union with his wife, Atinuke, whom he called “a serial thief”.
In his petition, Azeez said that he can no longer bear the shame which his wife had continually brought on him.
According to him, the humiliation by neighbours and landlords’ association as a result of his wife’s habitual stealing has overwhelmed him.
Continue reading My wife is a serial thief,
- An Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos on Tuesday ordered that a 52-year-old businessman, Jude Duru, who allegedly sodomised a 14-year-old boy, be remanded in a Correctional Facility, pending legal advice.
The police charged Duru, who resides at No. 15 Bakare Opeche St., Dopemu in Lagos, is charged with sexual assault.
Chief Magistrate B.O. Osunsanmi, who did not take the plea of Duru, ordered that he be remanded in a Nigerian Correctional Service facility in Kirikiri, Lagos.
- Senior state advocate Addelaid Ferreira-Watt has died after she was shot at the regional court in Ixopo, KwaZulu-Natal, in what appears to be an accident on Monday.
A case of culpable homicide was being probed after the apparent freak shooting, KZN police confirmed.
ALSO READ: BRICS meets mutual interest, positive outcomes, says Maoming
The weapon – believed to be a loaded shotgun – was brought to court as evidence.
Continue reading Prominent NPA advocate dies after court shoot
- <p class="">Nigerian Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Mohammed Rimi, has advised Nigerians coming to Dubai for genuine businesses to consult with the Embassy or the Consulate before embarking on such ventures.</p><h1>The ambassador gave the advice in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Dubai at the 5th Edition of the Global Business Forum (GBF) on Africa tagged `Scale-Up Africa’ which kicked off on Monday.</h1><p class="
- The Oyo State Government says it is putting in place measures to stop open defecation by providing mobile toilets and water in rural communities in the state.
Continue reading World Toilet Day: Oyo Govt moves to end open defecation at Vanguard News.
- The Consul General of the Peoples’ Republic of China in Lagos, Mr. Chu Maoming has described the recently concluded 11th Brazil, Russia, India China and South Africa (BRICS) summit as rewarding and complete success, having reached a broader consensus with positive outcomes
Continue reading BRICS meets mutual interest, positive outcomes, says Maoming at Vanguard News.
- The thought leadership demonstrated by Nigerian Stock Exchange, NSE in sustainability reporting has yielded global attention as its Head of Corporate Communications, Mr Olumide Orojimi has been elected into the Stakeholder Council of Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Amsterdam, Netherlands, for a three-year term, commencing January 1, 2020.
Continue reading GRI Council elects NSE head of communications as member at Vanguard News.
- By Chioma Onuegbu – Uyo
The lawmaker representing Etinan/Nsit Ibom/Nsit Ubium Federal constituency in the House of Representatives, Mr. Onofiok Luke has reaffirmed his confidence in the leadership of the Speaker, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, and his deputy Mr. Ahmed Wase.
Luke who spoke when he flagged-off a 3-day free medical outreach for people of his Federal constituency held at Ikot Edibom in Nsit Ubium Local Government Area, said he is happy that his endorsement of Gbajabiamila’s is
- A 27-year-old businessman, Ebuka Okejeme, was on Tuesday appeared in an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court over alleged N33 million theft.
Continue reading Lagos business man in court for alleged N33m theft at Vanguard News.
- Eden Hazard was full of praise for Real Madrid teammate Karim Benzema when he spoke to the Belgian press on Monday.
The pair have struck up an impressive relationship at Los Blancos, playing an integral part in the team’s recent upturn in form.
ALSO READ: Luis Enrique set to be re-appointed Spain manager after five-month absence
“After having played with him for three or fourth months, I think that, right now, he’s the best striker in the world,” Hazard said.”B
- A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos on Tuesday, further adjourned until Jan. 27, 2020, for report of service in a suit challenging the imposition of levies in the Ikeja Computer Village.
The Fundamental Rights suit, marked FHC/L/CS/1568/19, is filed by one Prince Ochokwu Obieze through his lawyer, Mr Ikechukwu Chiaha.
Joined as first to fourth respondents are: Inspector- General of Police, Commissioner of Police Lagos Police Command, Area Commander Area F Command and one IPO, Jennifer.
- Pakistan’s former prime minister, Nawaz Sharif is expected to travel to London this week for the treatment of diseases after persuasions from the doctors in the country.
Mr Nawaz who was reported to have been facing multiple diseases and was admitted to the Service Hospital in Lahore, Pakistan on October 22.
The former PM is currently facing trials over some corruption allegations. He was transferred to the Lahore’s hospital by the country’s anti-graft from its custody after hi
- <p class="">Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, has condoled with the victims of Gashua Market disaster in Yobe.</p><h1>She also tasked the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), to conduct an assessment of the losses and make recommendations that would alleviate the sufferings of the victims.</h1><p class="">Farouq, in a statement in Abuja, described the fire incident in
- PRESIDENT of the Senate, Senator Ahmed Lawan on Tuesday during plenary, decried what he described as a noisy chamber.
Continue reading Breaking: The chamber is noisy, Lawan cries out at Vanguard News.
- Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Sunday Dare met with the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to question Nigeria’s recent failure in international competitions.
None of the country’s football teams will participate at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games with both the Super Falcons and the U23 men’s team failing to qualify.
ALSO READ: Ex-Nigerian striker Ighalo warns Osimhen not to get carried
The senior female team were knocked out during the qualifying
- <p class="">This is contained in a press release issued in Gusau on Tuesday by <strong>Yusuf Idris</strong>, Director-General, Press Affairs to the governor.</p><h1>Gov. Bello Matawalle of Zamfara has mandated his deputy, Mahdi Ali-Gusau to visit and condole families of the 14 people killed in Sunday’s bandits’ attack at Karaye village in Gumi Local Government area of the state.</h1><p class="">This is contained in a press release
- President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, transmitted a letter to the Senate, seeking consideration and passage of six Aviation Bills.
Continue reading Aviation: Buhari seeks passage of 6 bills by Senate at Vanguard News.
- <p class="">A dismissed police inspector, Ogunyemi Olalekan, was on Tuesday at an Ikeja High Court remanded at the Ikoyi Prisons after his arraignment for the alleged murder of Kolade Johnson, a 35-year-old man at a viewing center in Lagos.</p><h1>The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Olalekan, 45, during his arraignment pleaded not guilty to a charge of murder.</h1><p class="">Following his plea, Mr <strong>Yaqub Oshoala</strong
- BENIN CITY – THE National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has expressed disgust over the crisis that has engulfed the party in his state saying the deputy governor of the state, Comrade Philip Shaibu and some other persons from his local government betrayed uim despite haven done so much to help them grow politically.
Continue reading How Philip Shaibu, others betrayed me, Oshiomhole at Vanguard News.
- The Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association(NVMA), on Tuesday, joined the global effort to raise awareness on antimicrobial resistance to public health and livestock.
The NVMA made the call in a statement on Tuesday to mark the World Antibiotic Awareness Week, signed by its publicity secretary, Dr. Gloria Daminabo.
The association stressed that though antimicrobial is useful in disease treatment, their misuse leads to failure as microbes develop resistance to these life-saving treatments.
- Former Nigeria striker Odion Ighalo said his constant advice to Victor Osimhen is for him to keep working hard and improving.
Ighalo called time on his international career in July following the Super Eagles’ third-place finish at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations where he was also awarded the Golden Boot after scoring five goals in Egypt.
ALSO READ: NPFL: Eguma uncomfortable with Rivers United’s poor run
Following his retirement, Osimhen has taken over the no.
Continue reading Ex-
- The Prime Minister of United Kingdom (Britain), Boris Johnson and the country’s opposition leader, Jeremy Corbyn prepared to square off Tuesday in the first televised debate of this year’s election campaign.
The hour-long encounter offers Corbyn a chance to make up ground in opinion polls, which show his Labour Party trailing Johnson’s Conservatives ahead of the Dec. 12 election.
The debate will feature only two candidates after the High Court in London rejected a legal challen
- Paris Saint-Germain forward Edinson Cavani has confirmed there was a heated exchange with Lionel Messi during Uruguay’s 2-2 friendly draw with Argentina on Monday amid claims he offered to fight his opponent.
With Uruguay leading at the time thanks to a Cavani goal, Messi reacted angrily to a foul from combative midfielder Matias Vecino.
After a confrontation, Ole claims that Cavani asked Messi: “Do you want to fight?” to which the Barcelona star reportedly replied: “When
- <p class="">In this her debut book, Ndidi shares her story of how, like the eagle, she evolved, healed survived and thrived by God’s grace and mercy. Like Charles Darwin said, “the secret to success is not smartness or hard work. It is the ability to adapt to change.”</p><h1>It is the ability to acknowledge the shifted baselines in your life, your wrong perceptions developed from a deliberate ignorance, fear or shame about change, true ignorance and deception. I
- The Kogi Chairman of Young Progressives Party (YPP), Mr Chinda Emmanuel has faulted the outcome of the governorship election in the state, saying it was marred by violence and did not reflect the true wishes of the electorate.
On the other hand, Dr Sani Teidi-Shaibu, the gubernatorial candidate of Youth Democratic Party (YDP) said the election was one of the best he had ever witnessed.
Emmanuel disclosed this while addressing newsmen on Monday in Lokoja after the announcement of the election won
- Do you fancy sports betting but are yet to start? What’s holding you back from joining this productive leisure activity? Maybe is some facts that you have been holding on about gambling. The sheer amount spent on and off sports betting has been a breeding ground for countless misconceptions. Here are common myths of sports […]
The post Here Are 4 Common Sports Betting Misconceptions You Must Know appeared first on Complete Sports.
- Construction work has been completed at Tokyo’s National Stadium, set to be the centrepiece of next year’s Olympic Games, the site’s owners said on Tuesday.
Continue reading Olympics: Tokyo finishes building stadium for 2020 at Vanguard News.
- Mrs Acheju Abuh, the woman leader of Wada/Aro Campaign Council, Ochadamu Ward, Kogi State has been reportedly burnt alive in her home by suspected political thugs.
Report has it that the thugs who were shooting indiscriminately arrived at Abuh’s house around 2.00 p.m. and surrounded the house, blocking every exit and escape route from outside.
“The bloodthirsty thugs waited, shooting and watching with relish while Mrs Abuh cried from inside the inferno until her voice died out,&rdquo
- So many people worldwide love gambling so much that it has become a part of their daily life. The aspects of gambling are something they got so used to it, they can’t stop. While the trend of sports betting is one of the various ways for people to make money, it has the downside of […]
The post 4 Reasons Why People Get Addicted To Play Sports Betting appeared first on Complete Sports.
- Heartland will overcome their early season poor run to eventually fight and claim one of the top three positions at the end of the season, club chairman, Barrister Charles Ezekwem told Completesports.com in an exclusive interview. The Naze Millionaires got off to a poor start in 2019/2020 NPFL season with a 1-0 home defeat to […]
The post NPFL 2019/20: Heartland Will Overcome Blending Problem, Finish in Top 3–Chairman Ezekwem appeared first on Complete Sports.