Eyeballs will ‘remain unmolested’ after Ruth Davidson won her election wager (Picture: PA)
The former leader of the Scottish Conservatives says she was confident of her election wager.
Ruth Davidson, 41, won’t have to go skinny dipping in Loch Ness as promised if the Scottish National Party managed to bag 50 seats or more.
She got pretty close to having to fulfil her promise after Nicola Sturgeon’s party gained 13 seats, bringing its total number to 48.
Writing in The Tel
- Carlo Ancelotti has been linked with a move to Arsenal following Unai Emery’s sacking (Picture: Getty)
Alan Smith says Arsenal need to appoint an ‘innovative and inspirational’ coach as their new manager and has urged his former club against Carlo Ancelotti.
Ancelotti, 60, has emerged as a candidate to join the Gunners following Unai Emery‘s sacking at the end of last month.
The Italian, who was sacked by Napoli last week, has won three Champions Leagues and domestic
- Whales would be even bigger if they could consume more prey (Getty)
Some whales are huge, giant even, and are the largest creatures to have evolved on the planet.
But there is a limit to their size and scientists say they have figured out why the sea-dwelling mammals are not bigger.
Whales’ large bodies help them consume their prey at high efficiencies, a more than decade-long study of around 300 tagged whales shows.
But their gigantism is limited by prey availability and foraging efficien
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists he may not sign anyone in January (Picture: Getty)
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has clarified comments he made about new arrivals at the club on Thursday night.
Following United’s 4-0 win against AZ Alkmaar, the Norwegian was asked about the January transfer window and said the club were looking at ‘two to three players’.
‘We’re looking to strengthen in many positions. If you look at our squad compared to the others, we&rs
- Terrence had appeared on the show earlier in the day on Wednesday (Picture: BBC)
BBC Breakfast viewers were left in tears after the show organised a Christmas surprise for Terrence, a 78-year-old who struggles from loneliness.
And if that clip made you tear up, well, you may need a jumbo box of Kleenex for this latest surprise.
Dan Walker revealed that BBC Breakfast took Terrence along to see John Barrowman’s A Fabulous Christmas show at Sheffield City Hall on Thursday night.
And as well a
- Marouane Fellaini has sent his best wishes to new Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho (Picture: Getty)
Marouane Fellaini has revealed that he still talks to Jose Mourinho on the phone but played down speculation that they could be set for a reunion at Tottenham.
The pair had a great relationship during their time together at Manchester United and Mourinho’s return to the Premier League sparked rumours that Fellaini could follow suit and join him in north London.
Fellaini joined Chinese Super Leag
- One person died in the blast (Picture: AP)
One person has been killed and at least 25 others are injured after an explosion in a block of flats in eastern Germany.
Police were called to the residential building, in Blankenburg, Saxony-Anhalt, at around 8.55am (local time) this morning.
The cause of the explosion is not known yet, but police say the blast threw debris more 60 metres from the site.
Police spokesman Uwe Becker stated that some people had been seriously injured.
He continued: &lsquo
- Robert Duff, 25, was told by his friend Dan Elsom how he does not like people to go through and touch his things and decided to have a little fun wrapping up his room in Bishops Stortford.
- The devastated family of two-year-old Shamari Anderson who was killed in a freak subway accident in Manhattan, New York on Wednesday night have spoken of their grief.
- This is the shocking moment a man is seen driving a Tesla along a Florida highway with his head resting against the car's window while apparently having a quiet snooze.
- The Russian leader, 67, was filmed leaving the bathroom in Paris's Elysee Palace alongside six armed bodyguards. Putin was in Paris for a summit to discuss a ceasefire with Ukraine.
- Construction worker Kieran Hubbard, 20, of Salford, Greater Manchester, had been referred to a senior psychiatrist after he was found at the top of a motorway bridge.
- Hong Chi Xiao, 56, was jailed for manslaughter for breaching the duty of care he owed the boy through gross negligence following a slapping and stretching workshop in Hurstville, Sydney in April 2015.
- Mysterious ‘transients’ that flare up and disappear could be produced by extraterrestrials or natural process we don’t yet understand (Picture: Getty)
Mysterious red lights have been spotted way out in the Milky Way and there’s a chance some may have been produced by alien civilisations.
A team of astronomers has been poring over sightings of ‘vanishing and appearing sources’ of light seen since the 1950s.
These bizarre disappearing lights often resemble stars
- Boris Johnson's victory will mean more damage
- Sydney's main water supply could soon be contaminated with bushfire ash, experts warned. Lake Burragorang is surrounded by forest which has been destroyed by the Green Wattle Creek fire.
Stormzy brands Maya Jama his ‘greatest love’ as he breaks silence over split and baby plans in new songStormzy broke his silence over Maya Jama split on new album Heavy Is The Head (Picture: Getty)
Stormzy has blessed us with new album Heavy Is The Head, to give us a little respite from all the general election results.
And in one track, the Vossi Bop rapper poured his heart out over his split from ex-girlfriend Maya Jama.
The pair called time on their relationship back in August, after four years together, and the 26-year-old has now revealed their break-up is his ‘biggest regret’.
- At 7am, the UK pound was up 2.1 per cent against the dollar to 1.345 and up 1.29 per cent against the euro, nudging close to 12-month and 31-month highs.
- Wendy Berenguer, from Naples, Florida was at her home playing a reggaeton song over speakers, when going into the kitchen she caught her beagle Bailey dancing to the rhythmic Puerto Rican beat.
- Do you know how to say ‘prorogue’? (Picture: Getty Images/fStop)
If you stumbled through 2019 trying to avoid discussions of current events, you’re not alone.
Loads of us feel the fear of sounding like a massive idiot, whether it’s admitting you don’t totally understand how healthcare works in the US or having no clue how to not mangle Greta Thunberg’s name.
Frankly, 2019 has been packed with important people and big news that feature tricky words – some
- The incident took place in a shopping center parking lot at 2510 West Broward Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, at around 1.45pm on Thursday.
Police officials say mother is in stable condition.
- The 63-year-old has been extradited from Victoria as a suspect in the 1986 killing of Tatiana Sokoloff during a late-night house break-in at Haberfield in the city's inner west.
- A Facebook group has shared the contract issued by the unnamed school in Thailand which asks parents to sign a statement acknowledging their child's violation.
Everton news and transfers LIVE - Stadium updates confirmed, Manchester United team news, Blues manager latestEverton news and transfer rumours including the latest manager odds and updates
- Talk about a festive tree (Picture: Robbie Crawford)
If you think your holiday decorations looks festive, this creative mum is about to put you to shame.
Robbie Crawford is planning a party for her entire family this year and decided that a regular Christmas tree just wouldn’t do.
The genius idea struck the preschool teacher as she was telling her students about her Native American heritage.
As she was thinking of ways to make the event just that bit more special, she looked to the corner
- Samantha Stoney, 29, from Leyland, Lancashire, claims her unborn baby's pose was the same way her grandfather Arnold Spencer (pictured) would sit when she went to visit him every day.
- Deliveroo's festive TV campaign features a maternity nurse called Katy, 26, who works at University College London Hospital (UCLH).
- Bikie kingpin Brent 'BJ' Reker had hoped to transform the notorious Finks bikie crew, 'throwing out' rogue members. But he was found dead in his prison cell in Melbourne on Thursday.
- Everton ready to submit planning application to accelerate Bramley-Moore Stadium plans
The channel ran a self-styled ‘alternative’ to the more standard programmes following the results of the polling by the likes of the BBC and I
Nigel Farage urged celebs including Lily Allen, Hugh Grant and Steve Coogan to stick to their day jobs after their urges to vote tactically or vote Labour failed to prevent a Conservative majority.
The Brexit Party leader spoke to Piers Morgan a
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
- via NewsA new paper has revealed an ancient trackway, found imprinted on a block of sandstone from the base of Hardraw Force Waterfall in Wensleydale, North Yorkshire, is the oldest record of amphibian tracks in the UK.
- The headlines would look very different this morning if we had ditched the first-past-the-post system
- Joanne Reynolds Winning, 43, covered the bare walls of her front room in Chelmsford, Essex, with seven rolls of £1 wrapping paper while waiting for building work on an extension to be completed.
- The two unnamed officers will receive extra training on dealing with hangings after the independent watchdog cleared them of any wrongdoing. Pictured: Essex chief constable Ben-Julian Harrington.
- Gears Tactics – one of many new games to premiere last night (pic: Microsoft)
The biggest night of the year for new game reveals has just ended with first looks at The Wolf Among Us 2, Gears Tactics, Bravely Default 2, and more.
After more than three hours of adverts, live music, adverts, trailer premieres, adverts, award announcements, and yet more adverts The Game Awards 2019 are finally over. And, as usual, they’re not exactly what everyone was expecting.
The reveal of the Xbox Se
Michael Owen says he was declining as a footballer at Liverpool and is not ashamed of joining Manchester UnitedMichael Owen admits injuries made him a fading force while still at Liverpool but he is not ashamed of joining Manchester United
- The United boss has every intention of involving the teenager in the coming months (Picture: MUTV)
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer bluntly shut down any fears that Mason Greenwood will have limited first-team opportunities following the conclusion of the Europa League group stage.
The 18-year-old showed his precocious pedigree yet again on Thursday night, scoring with two clinical finishes in a 4-0 win over AZ Alkmaar that sealed top spot in Group L.
Incredibly, Greenwood has now
- Labour MP Diane Abbott was at the count for Hackney South and Shoreditch in East London shortly before 4am when an aide told her the news about Jo Swinson losing to the Scottish National Party.
- Johnson should have few, if any, problems in getting his deal through (Picture: AFP/Getty)
Now that Boris Johnson has faced his first electoral challenge as prime minister, it seems like a good time to do a stock take on his pledge from the Conservative Party leadership contest to ‘Deliver Brexit, Unite the Country and Defeat Jeremy Corbyn’ (DUD).
Having won a very comfortable majority indeed, Boris Johnson has comprehensively fulfilled the last ‘D’: Defeat Jeremy Corbyn.
- David Wilkie-Thorburn sent a string of threats to Veda Rodrigues (pictured)after he became concerned that staff had been walking out of his husband's salon in Aberdeen.
- Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day is today, Friday 13 December. (Picture: Save The Children)
Today is not just the 2019 General Election results day, it’s also Christmas Jumper Day in aid of Save The Children and the charity are calling on the public to don their festive knits and help raise money for a good cause.
Holly Willoughby, Katie Piper, Strictly Come Dancing star and former MP Ed Balls and James Blunt are just some of the celebs that have lent their support to this ye
- A motorist travelling west along the Russian M7 highway towards Moscow has to react quickly after a section of overhead steel hoardings suddenly collapse into their lane.
- The world's longest flight being developed under Project Sunrise would take 21 hours
- Mohammed Shah Subhani, known as Shah, from Hounslow, London, was reported missing by his family in May - police are now searching woodland near the M40 in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, as part of the investigation
- A man (left) writhing in pain has crawled out of a crumpled car moments after a horror crash (right) that has left a woman in hospital fighting for her life.
- The principal at Archbishop Sentamu School in Hull (pictured) has apologised for the bombshell claim during a discussion on the true meaning of the holiday.
- PewDiePie has claimed his new game has been ‘banned by Apple for being too disgusting’.
The YouTube star released his new mobile game Poopdie, but has revealed it’s only currently available on Android.
In his latest video, the 30-year-old claimed: ‘A bit of un-epic news for us, when we submitted the game, Apple thought this was too stinky for whatever reason.
‘It’s all cartoony but apparently this game is too stinky for Apple,’ he continued, adding that
- WARNING - DISTRESSING CONTENT: CCTV shows Jeff Hardcastle calmly smashing an 11-year-old boy from behind before sucker-punching the five-year-old inside a Target store in Lodi, California